Use *scratch* for startup messages?

From: Florian Lindner
Subject: Use *scratch* for startup messages?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 00:48:29 +0100

Hello!

I have (setq inhibit-startup-message t) so I start up with the
*scratch* buffer which I hardly ever use. A thought crossed my mind to
use this buffer as a output for some user generated start up messages,
such as org-mode's TODO list or content of refile buffer, ...

So when Emacs starts, it presents a scratch buffer with my current
TODO list. All other properties of the buffer keep the same (like it's
not being saved).

Since I consider myself still novice with Emacs I'm unsure how to
program that into my .emacs and if there problems with this to be
expected....

Thanks for any thoughts!

Florian