Re: Overriding switch to *scratch* buffer after creating new frame with

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Overriding switch to *scratch* buffer after creating new frame with 'emacsclient -c'
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 12:46:34 -0500

>      (or (case (type-of initial-buffer-choice)

I really dislike type-of (e.g. what's the type of nil?  Is `bold'
a symbol or a face?).

> Same difference; more stack, less state...  Since we're talking style,

Actually (let ((foo ...)) ...foo...) does not use more "state".
State only creeps in when we use things like setq.

As for whether the use of a let-binding for a single-use variable is
warranted: it mostly depends on aesthetics.  In this specific case, I'd
favor the let-form since it gives a name to the intermediate value
without costing you an extra line.

        Stefan