Re: How close is elisp to CL now?

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: How close is elisp to CL now?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 13:05:47 -0500

how much closer does this get us to something like a 'concurrent
emacs', in which (e.g.) my emacs mailer can do background checks for
incoming mail while I am editing?  For the moment I've abandoned emacs
as a mail environment precisely because the lack of that feature so
often made my work grind to a halt.