Re: Archive diary entry

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Archive diary entry
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 18:40:56 +0100

Hi Francesco,

Francesco Mazzoli <f@mazzo.li> writes:

> At Fri, 23 Nov 2012 17:25:20 +0000,
> Francesco Mazzoli wrote:
>> I haven’t installed any org-mode manually, and I have installed emacs through
>> debian wheezy repositories.  In other words, I’d be surprised if the
>> org-mode I
>> have is not the one that comes with emacs 24.3...  Thanks anyway, I take it
>> that
>> next versions include that feature.
>
> Well, it turns out that there is an `org-mode' package in debian.  I installed
> and now `org-version' says “Org-mode version 7.8.11”.  However, archiving
> diary
> entries still doesn’t work.

Yes, because as I said, it is not supposed to work, for any version of
org-mode.  It does not work in diary-mode, not in calendar-mode.  You
can archive Org entries from .org files or agenda views.

If you are new to Emacs and Org in general, I suggest you send your
questions to the emacs-orgmode@gnu.org mailing list.

Best,

--
 Bastien