Re: Trunk 24.3.50 (on OSX): multilingual invisibility

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Trunk 24.3.50 (on OSX): multilingual invisibility
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 21:46:50 +0100

Am 18.11.2012 um 20:54 schrieb Rembrandt Wolpert:

> The latest versions of GNU Emacs 24.3, both self-compiled or
> downloaded from "nightlies" (http://emacsformacosx.com/builds),  do
> not display non-western glyphs (e.g. in "Show Multilingual Sample
> Text") (on OSX 10.7.5 in any case).

Yes, with the exception of Georgian, Arabic, and Hebrew the samples in Asian
scripts are not displayed. The version from one week ago has the same bug. The
NS variant from five weeks ago, version 24.2.50 then, works OK.

>  Is this my fault, a bad new feature, or what should I do?

You can read the Emacs News (C-h n or from the Help menu). If it's advertised
there, then the behaviour is OK. If not, then create a bug report with the
keyword "enhancement" in the subject. In the Help menu you have an entry to
report an Emacs bug. Do you want to do it yourself – or do you think I think I
should report one more? I might be able to do so in an hour or two… (earlier
bug report in TeX Live)

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

A morning without coffee is like something without something else.