Re: Diff could also show the changes within lines

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Diff could also show the changes within lines
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:40:56 +0000 (UTC)

Stefan Monnier <monnier <at> iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

> If you let-bind diff-auto-refine-mode to nil in the above code, not only
> you'll be able to test it on Emacs-24.1 (and earlier), but you'll avoid
> refining the hunks redundantly when diff-hunk-next does it.

Good suggestion. Thank you.

What I did not get in the new diff-mode implementation is why it
uses run-at-time instead of run-with-idle-timer?

run-at-time is for specifying a timer which runs at a specific time
while run-with-idle-timer runs it when emacs becomes idle. Isn't
using run-with-idle-timer is more appropriate (makes the code clearer)
in this case?

And why the code uses 0.0 instead of just 0? Is there a difference?