Re: Too large file for Org-mode?

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: Too large file for Org-mode?
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 11:32:01 -0500 (EST)

You are living dangerously.  One good piece of malware gets into that
file and you've lost all of your work.  Since I have a background in
structured programming if I inherited that file, I'd separate it into
pieces that could be logically justified and back up each file in a
version control system before doing any additional work then use the
back up system to update files in that back up hierarchy.  You can make
a file with #+INCLUDE directives in it to attach all of those smaller
files together for export purposes and the order of the includes
determines the order the smaller files get exported.  The people that
wrote org-mode were seriously smart when they put this feature in.
Probably it is something you can read about in the limitations section
of the org-mode manual too.

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012, twiki7619@gmail.com wrote:

> I have a very large file org-mode with more than 5000 lines
> The file is structured with a heading and many lines that constitute a list:
>
> * ONE HEAD
> - yyyy
> - bbbb
> - cccc
> - ....
> - ....
> - zzzz
>
> When I try to export to HTML file that Emacs is virtually crash ... continues
> processing without ending
>
> The file is too big? There are limits to the exported file?
> Suggestions?

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
Adobe fiend for failing to Flash