RE: reading a variable from the user

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: reading a variable from the user
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:59:38 +0000

Drain,

Are you looking for a command or a function?

If you're looking for a command:
Francesco Mazzoli suggested `(interactive "v...")' for a command, and Tassilo
Horn suggested using the help system: `C-h v <variable-name> RET'. There's also
`M-x apropos', which will match regular expressions.
All of those make sense if this is for *your* consumption.

If you are looking for a function:
I don't know of any such function right off. You might want to learn about
`obarray' and `(mapatoms)'.

I hope this helps.

,Doug