Re: ediff frame appear in another page of Fvwm. How to debug/fix?

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: ediff frame appear in another page of Fvwm. How to debug/fix?
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:39:54 +0300

On 2012-09-26, jpkotta wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:23:04 AM UTC-5, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:
>>
>> Any suggestion to fix issue?
>
> Are you talking about the ediff control window? Personally, I prefer it to
> be in the same frame as the buffers being compared: (setq
> ediff-window-setup-function 'ediff-setup-windows-plain).

I satisfied by ediff-setup-windows-plain!

I perform search in 'info emacs' and don't found this function...

I receive evidence as always fill that reading info page is start point, you
always need to read Emacs .el sources...

> But even when I use emacs -q and run ediff, the control frame never goes off
> the page, so it must be related to your Fvwm config. I doubt it has anything
> to do with changing focus; it's probably due to whatever placement styles
> you have enabled. Here is the part of my Fvwm config which is probably
> relevant:
>
> ,----
> | Style * SnapAttraction 10 All Screen
> |
> | Style * ResizeOpaque
> |
> | Style * UsePPosition
> |
> | Style * MinOverlapPlacement
> |
> | # start on screen with pointer
> | Style * StartsOnScreen c
> |
> | # do not jump to a desk that a window suddenly pops up on
> | Style * SkipMapping
> `----
> ,----
> | # widows are focused by clicking on them
> | # the focusing click is passed to the window
> | # clicking in the window does not raise, but clicking on the decorations
> does
> | Style * ClickToFocus, FPClickDecorToFocus
> | Style * !FPClickRaisesFocused, !FPClickRaisesUnfocused, \
> |     FPClickDecorRaisesFocused, FPClickDecorRaisesUnfocused
> |
> | # programs can focus themselves
> | Style * FPFocusByProgram
> |
> | # new windows/transients grab the focus when created
> | # closing a window/transient releases focus to the previously focused window
> | Style * FPGrabFocus, FPGrabFocusTransient, FPReleaseFocus,
> FPReleaseFocusTransient
> `----
>
> I don't have any emacs-specific fvwm styles. You should probably ask the
> Fvwm list.

Next night I back to your config, have go to sleep now. Next issues I address
to fvwn user list.

Thanks for support!

--
Best regards!