Re: Electric braces

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Electric braces
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 17:56:19 +0100

(originally forgot to cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org)

I'd just like to add that autopair:

* is now hosted at github.com/capitaomorte/autopair
* out of the box, does  a bit more than electric-pair-mode, like
deleting 0-width paren pairs when backspacing and helping to keep the
buffer balanced (for example typing 3 opening "{" consecutively makes
"{{{}}}" instead of electric pair's "{{{}".
* can be customized to behave differently in comments and strings,
pair characters, and more

I'm quite positively surprised how electric-pair-mode has evolved
though, but still find it awkward in how it sometimes pairs and
sometimes doesn't.

--
João Távora