Re: Emacs on Android, someone please give this developer some help

From: MBR
Subject: Re: Emacs on Android, someone please give this developer some help
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 23:39:26 -0400

Much though I'd like to be able to run Emacs on my Android phone, I'm having difficulty imagining how input could possibly work.  Emacs is heavily dependent on "chord" keystrokes. It's hard enough to type anything at all on the standard Android virtual keyboard, and that doesn't have ALT, CTRL, or SHIFT modifier keys.  Would an Android Emacs include its own virtual keyboard?  And even if it did, how do you type a chord on a touchscreen with keys that small?
Mark