Re: Selection region and delete

From: Juha Nieminen
Subject: Re: Selection region and delete
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 06:11:04 +0000 (UTC)

Juha Nieminen <nospam@thanks.invalid> wrote:
> If I select the region with the mouse, then the delete key removes the
> region.

The documentation at
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Shift-Selection.html
says this:

"A mark set via mouse commands behaves the same as a mark set via
shift-selection"

This doesn't seem to be true. As said, if I select the region with the
mouse and then hit the delete key, it deletes the region. However, if I
select the region with shift+cursors and then hit the delete key, it does
not delete the region.

What is the difference?