Re: Cocoa emacs renders Unicode combining diacritics improperly

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Cocoa emacs renders Unicode combining diacritics improperly
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 01:09:48 +0200

Am 17.07.2012 um 00:15 schrieb Dan Maftei:

> Notice: the combining diacritic is rendered extremely small, and
> off-center. It doesn't even look like a tilde in the final glyph.

This "combined diacritic" is actually LATIN SMALL LETTER N. That's what the
*Help* buffer says. You can also see this when reading the "preferred charset"
value.

How is it when you launch GNU Emacs without customisation? This can be achieved
from the command line as "<path to>/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q &".

With Cmd-T the Mac OS X font chooser comes up and you can select a font and
also its size. C-h H produces the *HELLO* buffer with a few interesting scripts…

--
Greetings

  Pete

Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?
                                - Tom Stoppard