Re: Tips for quick jumping back and forth

From: notbob
Subject: Re: Tips for quick jumping back and forth
Date: 7 Jul 2012 14:44:55 GMT

On 2012-07-07, Francesco Mazzoli <f@mazzo.li> wrote:

> I use `C-<SPC> C-<SPC>' to set the mark, and `C-u C-<SPC>' to jump back. No
> registers involved.

I occasionally do something stupid like hit the wrong keystroke, usually
C-e, which puts me at the end of the line.  I was somewhat sure there
was an equally simple keystroked to return me to where I once was
where.  NO!?  If not, I'm bummed.  I thought emacs was "powerful".
Seems a simple function.  And by GOD, can't let vi outdo on this!

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!