Re: Umlauts on Mac in 24 pretest

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Umlauts on Mac in 24 pretest
Date: 23 May 2012 16:22:40 GMT

Neuwirth Erich wrote:
> I am using Emacs pretest 24.0.97 on a Mac with Lion 10.7.4.
> Some of my documents are in German, so I need to enter umlauts and sharp s.
> I have not your found an easy solution without giving up to many other
> keyboard macros.
> I still would like to use Cmd-X_C_V for Cut-Copy-Paste.
> And I still would like to use Alt as the meta key.
>
> Is there a good solution complying with my wish list?

use an appropriate input method. i prefer latin-9-prefix, which allows me
to type " followed by a/o/u/s to get ä/ö/ü/ß. but the relevant german
characters are covered by a couple of other input methods as well. C-h I
gives information about an input method.

if you set the variable default-input-method to your preferred input
method, you only need to type C-\ to toggle the input method on or off.

read the node "Input Methods" in the emacs manual for detailed info.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)