Re: Quick installation of Emacs modules?

From: kj
Subject: Re: Quick installation of Emacs modules?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 20:08:45 +0000 (UTC)

In <jwvfwb0zvu0.fsf-monnier+gnu.emacs.help@gnu.org> Stefan Monnier
<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

>> Okay, as of now it looks like one cannot add any other repos; the
>> doc says:
>>     ;; This code supports a single package repository, ELPA.

>Not sure what definition of "now" you're using, ...

Well, I wrote that under the apparently erroneous impression that
the version I downloaded by following the instructions given in
tromey.com/elpa/install.html was the latest/"official" version of
package.el.  FWIW:

    % head ~/.emacs.d/elpa/package.el
    ;;; package.el --- Simple package system for Emacs

    ;; Copyright (C) 2007, 2008, 2009 Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>