Ido-mode problems when symlinking and copying

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Ido-mode problems when symlinking and copying
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:48:03 +0200

Hi List,
a few days ago I set

,--------------------------------------------------
| ido-everywhere is a variable defined in `ido.el'.
| Its value is t
| Original value was nil
`--------------------------------------------------

Thats quite nice, but when copying or symlinking files, it does not
really work (or am I missing something?).

E.g., in a dired buffer I mark a file and then press 'C' or 'S'. I can
then search for the target directory with the ido autocompletion in the
minibuffer, what is quite fast and convenient, but when I found the
directory, and press 'enter', I'm back where I started the search and
the selection is lost. I tried some other keys like C-f, space or esc to
to select the directory, but to no avail. The only way I managed to do
symlinking and copying is to press C-f in the beginning of the
directory-search, thus turning the ido magic off.

Is that a bug, or am I simply missing the keystroke/command that is used
  to finish an ido directory search in these cases?

--
cheers,
Thorsten