Re: MUA from Emacs with convinces for mail threads?

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: MUA from Emacs with convinces for mail threads?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:17:53 -0000

On 6/25/2011 1:41 PM, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:
I look for MUA from Emacs.

I have experience with Thunderbird but it is look monstrous and
VERY slow.

Thunderbird may not be that bad if you set it up carefully. I find the Thunderbird speed quite acceptable. On other hand, the servers that you are trying to read may have speed problems themselves. If so, you won't get any improvements by switching your MUA.

But thing that stop me from using Thunderbird is imposibility
mark thread that I started or in which I replay-to and
specially notify me for replays to this thread.

`W' allows you to watch a thread (or Message -> Watch thread). Then you can check watched threads by selecting View -> Threads -> Watched Threads with Unread.

I personally just put a star on the thread and sort the folder by the star column, when I need to.

VM is an Emacs-based email client that is a lot like Thunderbird, but it doesn't support NNTP (yet). But, it does have the ability to sew up broken threads based on subject headers. If you are interested, please see:

    https://launchpad.net/vm

Cheers,
Uday Reddy