Re: Emacs server

From: Thorsten
Subject: Re: Emacs server
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 23:53:15 +0100

Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 17 2012, Thorsten wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to start different emacsclients with different fg/bg
>> colors without always changing the colors explicitly with M-x
>> set-{background, foreground}-color when switching between the clients?
>
> Perhaps the variables `server-visit-hook' and `window-system can
> help'.

'window-system seems to be deprecated in favor of 'display-graphic-p, no
problem. But where are the server hooks gone? I find references to
several server hooks on the web, but my emacs24 only returns one server
variable:

| server-mode

I used M-x apropo to look for a hooks - but no server-hooks among the
thousands of hooks.
Do I miss something, or are they simply gone? The `server-visit-hook
would serve me perfectly to solve my problem.

cheers
--
Thorsten