Re: I can't use Alt+Shift

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: I can't use Alt+Shift
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:43:41 +0100

Am 17.1.2012 um 13:36 schrieb Daniel Sousa:

> When I run C-h k and press that key combination, emacs simply ignores it
> and doesn't even say that it is undefined.

Correct! In every software terminal emulation GNU Emacs is the guest of this
software product. When its host is not able to receive or distinguish the
signals about the keys being pressed (or released), then the host cannot send
anything to its guest. (You might try to teach your terminal emulation a bit
more key events.) So GNU Emacs does not receive anything. To check what it
might receive you can press, for example in *scratch* buffer, C-q and then some
desired key combination. By this means you record anything the host programme
sends to its guest GNU Emacs. You can also type C-h l, which shows a recording
of what you typed. Or actually of what GNU Emacs received from your keyboard
work...

--
Greetings

  Pete