Re: Emacs ignoring my settings in ~/.emacs

From: Pedro Insua
Subject: Re: Emacs ignoring my settings in ~/.emacs
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 12:48:00 +0100

On Sun, Jan 01, 2012 at 08:54:55AM +0100, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> jesterday I upgraded my Debian GNU/Linux SID system and being used
> another desktop environment GNOME.
>
> Today I return back to my favorite Window Maker window manager but Emacs
> ignore settings in ~/.emacs.
>
> How can I solve this problem?

  You are using SID (unstable brach), maybe it's a bug in some Debian
  package.. have you installed/updated new/some packages ?

  You can run Emacs with '--debug-init' to see what's go on..

--
Porqué loitar e matar, se podes amar e sonhar

/"\
\ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
 X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/ \