Wrong keypad bindings for some keys in emacs 23.1 under CentOS 6

From: Bryan Wright
Subject: Wrong keypad bindings for some keys in emacs 23.1 under CentOS 6
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 19:07:16 +0000 (UTC)

Hi folks,

     I'm preparing to transition some machines from CentOS 5.7 (with emacs 21.4)
to CentOS 6 (with emacs 23.1).  Some of our users rely on using the non-window
version of emacs and the tpu-edt package, which makes use of the keypad keys.

     I find that emacs 23.1 under CentOS 6 has some mistakes in the key bindings
for the keypad.  For example, the escape sequence "\eOQ" should be bound to
[kp-f2], but it's really bound to [f2], and the sequence "\eOn" should be bound
to [kp-decimal], but it's not bound to anything at all.

     Can anybody point me to a quick way to remap these keys?  I've been playing
around with "define-key" and "global-set-key", but haven't had any luck yet.

                               Thanks in advance,
                               Bryan