problems in gud under emacs

From: Chun Zhang
Subject: problems in gud under emacs
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:06:24 +0800

Hi all,

I'm running into problems debugging c++ under emacs. When I start the debugging command:

M-x gdb --annotate=3 myprogram

The gdb shell does not prompt. Instead it stuck after showing "(gdb) Current directory is ~/programs/small/" as pasted below. I can't type any debug command then... However the status bar shows no error messages. Does any body know how to fix it? Thank you!

GNU gdb (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.2-1ubuntu11) 7.2
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/...
Reading symbols from /home/chzhang/programs/small/loop...done.
(gdb) Current directory is ~/programs/small/

--
Best Regards,

Chun Zhang
chun.zhang.cz@gmail.com