RE: Poll about proposed change in DEL (aka Backspace) and Delete

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Poll about proposed change in DEL (aka Backspace) and Delete
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 06:31:48 -0700

> If you like analogies, I'd say that there is a certain
> standard among everyone about the position of the brake
> pedal, except in Emacs cars which have a different
> (ancient-style) position. I think it is quite reasonable,
> in the interest of minimizing confusion and car crashes,
> that Emacs cars adjust the pedal positions to what every
> driver expects (with the possible exception of
> old-style Emacs drivers who can keep the old pedals if they wish). ;-)

Yes, it was only a matter of time before we got to
`which-side-of-the-road-to-drive-on' and
`which-side-is-the-steering-wheel-on'.

Country `States Comprising Antartic Meta Earth' is thinking of changing the side
it uses and would like to poll its residents.  Which side are you on?  Before
responding, please consider the SCAME Tourist and Immigration Bureau's policy of
not wanting to inconvenience newcomers, who might be used to a different side.