new emacs24 settings (was: Re: Performance problems (CPU 100%) with NULs

From: Le Wang
Subject: new emacs24 settings (was: Re: Performance problems (CPU 100%) with NULs in files)
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 00:18:00 +0800

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:
Are you using the development version of Emacs (aka Emacs 24)?

If so, I have no idea whether this will help or help you find the problem, but
you might try doing this to see if it makes a difference:

(setq-default bidi-display-reordering  nil)

This helped me with my slow scroll issues.  Holding down arrow on a fully maximized frame on a 1080p monitor was spiking my duo-core CPU to 20-25%.  Scrolling text.  50% of one CPU.  Just to scroll text.  And it would start jumping around almost right away.  With this setting, it goes down to 8-14% while scrolling.  Still kind of silly, but that's better than emacs23.

Do you have any other useful emacs24 settings?

--
Le