issues with ido-mode

From: Le Wang
Subject: issues with ido-mode
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 01:19:12 +0800

I start emacs 23.3.1 with -Q

eval-region:

(ido-mode 1)
(defun foo()
  (interactive)
  (message
   (ido-completing-read ": " '("a" "b" "make-clean-force" "make-clean"
"make"))))

So I'm just using ido's default behaviors.  I type M-x"foo"<enter>"mak".

Issue #1

The first match is "make-clean-force".  "make" should be considered
the strongest match, since a greater proportion of the string has been
matched, right?  Is there any way to fix this?

Issue #2

I press <right> twice to navigate to "make" and <enter> to select it.
command.  "mak" was saved in the history list instead of my actual
selection which was "make".  And I've just executed
"make-clean-force".  I'm wondering if the user's actual selection
should be saved in the history rather than his partial input.

Are these bugs to be filed?

--
Le