Re: how to scrolling the text one line each time for mouse wheel.

From: Jai Dayal
Subject: Re: how to scrolling the text one line each time for mouse wheel.
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 23:11:22 -0600

speaking of which, is there anyway to do this for just the up or down arrow?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm new to the forum, so forgive me for the (i'm assuming) obvious repeated question.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:
> when I scroll the text by mouse wheel, the emacs jump
> too far (more than one line), who knows how to resolve
> this problem?

Hold down the Shift key when you rotate the wheel.

Or change your settings:

M-x customize-option mouse-wheel-scroll-amount