browse select text, text at point

From: smclean0640
Subject: browse select text, text at point
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 05:19:23 -0700

Hello,

I am wondering whether anyone in the group knows a package that will
accomplish the following:
- I am on a word, say "limousine", by pressing a keystroke I can browse
  this word in google (or a chosen search engine) with my default browser,
- I have selected a region of text and I want to search that text in my
  default browser.

Any ideas as to how to most effectively accomplish this? Downloading a
packaged would be ideal, but I am willing to try my hand at elisp.

Stuart