Re: debugging bash script in emacs using bashdb

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: debugging bash script in emacs using bashdb
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:41:42 +0200

Am 30.06.2011 01:22, schrieb fiftyeight:

Hi, I'm new to emacs and I'm trying to debug bash script with it.
I've downloaded the bashdb package and it works for me
when I use it from the terminal.

But I read in the bashdb website that you can use it with emacs,
they have a link there to a project called emacs-dbgr,
but after downloading and installing the emacs-dbgr
I enter emacs and do M-x load-libarary dbgr like the installation
instructions
say but I just tells me "cannot open load file".

Can anybody tell me how I debug bash scripts using emacs?
either with the emacs-dbgr library or anything else

Hi,

when using the command line debugger from the emacs shell -- `M-x shell' -- you will already have a great advantage, as the output is within the editor.

Strategically, if you are new to Emacs, I recommend exploring Emacs itself first rather than running third-party programs, which may need some adaption. Quit often that jumps into complexity.

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/components-python-mode
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/