How to initialize one list with the contents of another?

From: Asis Hallab
Subject: How to initialize one list with the contents of another?
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 10:02:44 +0200

Dear emacers,

how do I do the following:

(set 'ac-dictionary 'tag-completion-table)

I use exuberant ctags to generate the TAGS file and want autocomplete to suggest tag-completions.
According to the autocomplete-manual you can set the 'ac-dictionary to a list of strings, you want to be completable.
I init the tags-completion-table by M-x visit-tags-table and then hitting M-TAB.

Unfortunately I can't copy the tag-completion-table into the ac-dictionary.

Help will be much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!
Josef