Re: command rebuild-mail-abbrevs

From: Alan
Subject: Re: command rebuild-mail-abbrevs
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:01:04 -0000

On Mar 30, 1:09 pm, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > From: Alan <wehm...@fnal.gov>
> > Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:26:27 -0700 (PDT)
>
> > The "problem" is that the command is not documented in the manual.
>
> Please "M-x report-emacs-bug RET", then.
>
> I cannot promise that it will get this function into the manual -- we
> don't document every single function -- but that's the right way to
> request that it is included.
>
> TIA

Emacs FAQ has the following, so I suppose that this serves as
documentation for how to force rereading of the `.mailrc file (or its
equivalent).

12.3 Why doesn't Emacs expand my aliases when sending mail?

   * Emacs normally only reads the `.mailrc' file once per session,
     when you start to compose your first mail message.  If you edit
     `.mailrc', you can type `M-: (build-mail-aliases) <RET>' to make
     Emacs reread `~/.mailrc'.