Re: emacs + etags

From: Guilherme Gondim
Subject: Re: emacs + etags
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 15:30:31 +0200

rkv <ramakanth.varala@gmail.com> writes:

> I having large project , divided in to number of opensources and libraries
> each having a TAG file.
>
> If i change from one directory to another one , and search for any specific
> tag in the file related to the current directory
>
> i get message as No Tags Containing <the speficic tag>
>
> I would like to know how to make the change of the current using TAG
> file.

Try out my `ctags.el'[1] module.

Configuration example:

  (setq tags-revert-without-query t)
  (global-set-key (kbd "<f5>") 'ctags-create-or-update-tags-table)

Then just press <f5> to update or create your TAGS file. That function
look for a file TAGS in the current and its parent directories, if a TAG
file is not found it ask you where create a new one.

It is a new library and probably has bugs, etc, so any help is welcome.

Cheers,
semente

[1] https://bitbucket.org/semente/ctags.el/

--