Re: Using proportional (variable-width) fonts in Emacs23

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: Using proportional (variable-width) fonts in Emacs23
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:33:15 +0100

On 3/30/2011 3:47 AM, rusi wrote:

By reducing these questions to habits, the implication is that say for
younger folk who only know 'modern' technology (like Word) things like
emacs will be suboptimal and in fact make no sense.

No, I didn't imply that. Monospace may be better for the younger folk too. Or, maybe it isn't. They will have to try out for themselves and figure out which works better. I am afraid I don't have a theory of monospace. You are probably looking for one ;-)

On the other hand, the notion that proportional fonts are easier to read will have plenty of takers. So, everything Emacs can do to support proportional fonts will be very welcome.

Cheers,
Uday