Re: MacOS X: Not all Alt keys are equal?

From: Lars-Johan Liman
Subject: Re: MacOS X: Not all Alt keys are equal?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:15:54 +0100

Peter,

Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE:
> In the context mentioned I think pressing the right alt key would not
> help producing the \.

That's what I thought.

> It's default or STANDARD value is that of the corresponding left key.

That's what I thought too. But as I said, I want the left one to be
"meta", and the right one to be "none" (= switch layout to alternate).

> I have set my only alt key to "(quote) none" (original value was meta)
> and let the cmd key be super, and also the remaining others be what
> they are. This gives me the opportunity to use the alt key as
> introductory key to switch the keyboard layout from the visible to the
> "alternate" layout, i.e. that, which produces \, {, }, «, », etc.

Hmm. Well the problem manifests itself when you have two Alt keys, and
want to make them do different things.

</me sends a longing thought to xmodmap ... ;-)>

                                Cheers,
                                  /Liman