Re: dragging to resize windows

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: dragging to resize windows
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:27:41 +0100

Am 11.03.2011 um 11:29 schrieb martin rudalics:

>> This never happens here so it might be platform specific. Does modeline
>> text get highlighted immediately when the mouse hovers over it?
>
> No. The mode-line changes its look depending on whether the buffer it
> belongs to is active (receives input/has the active cursor) or not.

I meant the modeline text, for example, the background of the buffer
name or the major mode.  Does it get highlighted immediately when the
mouse is there?

No. A frame of hairline thin lines is drawn.

>> Does the behavior differ according to the modeline text portion
>> displayed at the mouse position?
>

> Of course! On some portions a text window pops up, on other portions a
> pointing hand like cursor is established (load average, major-mode,
> buffer name,...),

But you don't talk about dragging there, I suppose.

Right!

> on others one with an upward pointing black triangle
> with a vertical equals sign and a downward pointing black triangle at > the bottom. This cursor obviously tells that dragging can now happen, > but this change of the cursor's shape is sometimes delayed. Caused by
> high system load.

So the delay happens before these triangles show up. But have you tried to drag before they show up? Because, as I said before, they never show
up here anyway.

Dragging the mode-line works when the usual X11 cursor is still visible. In some regions of the mode-line the cursor changes to the drag form, in others, far right, it stays the same.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

                  Sorry my terrible English, my native language Lisp