Re: compilation errors of trunk version on mac os x expected?

From: emacs user
Subject: Re: compilation errors of trunk version on mac os x expected?
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 04:36:12 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 20, 10:38 pm, Steve Revilak <st...@srevilak.net> wrote:
> >hello,  Does anyone know if these compilation error messages are a bug
> >or to be expected?  I still get occasional crashes and am wondering if
> >these are related...  cheers, E
> >gcc -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I/usr/local/emacs/trunk/src -I../
> >lib -I/usr/local/emacs/trunk/src/../lib        -I/opt/local/include/
> >libxml2   -I/opt/local/include/dbus-1.0 -I/opt/local/lib/dbus-1.0/
> >include        -MMD -MF deps/dbusbind.d  -I/opt/local/include   -
>
> The compiler command line uses -I/opt/local/include, which I assume is
> macports.
>
> Does it make a difference if you take macports out of the picture?  I
> don't *think* you'd need dbus on OS X, but perhaps I'm wrong.
>
> FWIW, I often use a script like this to create a clean environment for
> compilations.
>
> ---------------------------------
> #!/bin/sh
> unset LDFLAGS
> unset CFLAGS
> unset CXXFLAGS
> PATH=`echo $PATH | \
>   sed 's,:/opt/local/bin,, ; s,:/opt/local/sbin,,'`
> export PATH
>
> eval "$@"
> ---------------------------------
>
> If you called this script "clean-compile", then you'd use it like this
>
>    clean-compile ./configure --with-ns
>    clean-compile make
>    clean-compile make-install
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Steve
>
>  application_pgp-signature_part
> < 1KViewDownload

thanks steve!  sounds like a good idea and I switched to compiling
this way.  it seems, unfortunately, that this does not eliminate the
crashes I see.  for example,
http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.bug/browse_thread/thread/ffec5839b1b859c5

I wish one of the developers on Mac would look into this and ask for
more details etc...

cheers, E