Perldo in Emacs

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Perldo in Emacs
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 21:17:38 +0000

Hello

vim has a nice thing, it lets the user to use a command named
'perldo', supply some code to it, and vim will process all the file
with perl, and include the output.

My doubt is if there is something similar in Perl (I know we have send
through pipe, but was expecting some dedicated method).

If not, it should not be difficult to implement, but I really need
some help with the list.
It is a matter of running the buffer with

  perl -i -pe ' ... '    < buffer > newbuffer

where ... is the perl code instroduced by the user in emacs
(minibuffer, probably).

Thanks
ambs

--