Re: Unable to list or access remote files via ftp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Unable to list or access remote files via ftp
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:27:09 +0100

> Am 24.02.2011 um 20:05 schrieb guivho:
>
>> When I try to list the home directory on my website with C-x C-d
>> /ftp.vanhoecke.org:vanhoecke/www.vanhoecke.org/web/content ange-ftp
>> immediately starts to access the remote ftp server as soon as I type
>> the ':', but it fails
>
> I think you think that you are using ange-ftp – but it's actually
> TRAMP. TRAMP has a different syntax:
>
>       C-x d /METHOD:USER@HOST/path/to/whatever RET
>
> The @ as part of your user name confuses TRAMP.

I don't believe so. According to the traces, Tramp has delegated the
work to ange-ftp.

I cannot reproduce it here. Maybe it is due to the nature of the remote
FTP server ("220 Microsoft FTP Service"); I have no access to this kind
of server for testing.

Guido, if possible you could use another method to access, like "smb".

Best regards, Michael.