unit testing

From: Perry Smith
Subject: unit testing
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:12:37 -0600

I took something called "yari" and added "buttons" to it and now I have
"yari-with-buttons".  What it does is it parses the output of a command called
"ri" (from Ruby's documentation system).  The problem is that the output of ri
changes (like the wind)... and the internal API changes even faster.

What I need to do is come up with some unit tests so that I can see if it
parses all the different types of buffers that ri can produce correctly.  Is
there any quasi-formal test unit system already available?

Thank you,
pedz