Re: what is copy-list?

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: what is copy-list?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 07:57:24 +0100

rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:
> But I am really getting fed up of emacs.  Theres not a mode Ive tried
> recently that "just works"
> I know you may say "Why blame emacs for an fsharp problem?"
>
> But is the (require 'cl) not emacs cruft?

Well, you could try to use an emacs written in Common Lisp (eg. Hemlock
or Climacs), but none come close to GNU emacs in number and
sophistication of add-on libraries and modes.

Of course, if you have to write the mode yourself because you're using
a new language, you could as well write it for Hemlock as for GNU
emacs.  On the other hand, the GNU emacs users count several orders of
magnitudes greater than the users of Hemlock, so it might still be
better to write it for GNU emacs.