Re: Passing current buffer to compile command

From: rusi
Subject: Re: Passing current buffer to compile command
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 19:29:50 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 17, 12:12 am, duke <sidney.reilley...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I do that? I'm not using make, but another compiler. So I need
> to pass a filename. Instead of inputing the filename, how do I pass
> the current buffer file name? %f ?
> --
> duke

In vi '%' at the colon prompt gives the file name. (Like your %f)
The following will give that to you in the minibuffer
[But beware of using it with buffers that have no file associated)

(define-key minibuffer-local-map "%"
  (function
   (lambda ()
     (interactive)
     (insert (file-name-nondirectory
              (buffer-file-name
               (window-buffer (minibuffer-selected-window))))))))