*Buffer-List*: how to rearrange items in it?

From: David Combs
Subject: *Buffer-List*: how to rearrange items in it?
Date: 8 Jan 2011 19:43:54 -0500

 how to move something from the TOP of the *Buffer List* down towards the
BOTTOM of it?

Myself, I look at *Buffer List* to remind me what I've recently been interested
in or working on.

But, when going through my personal directory (cleaning it up), I'll
see a file-name whose contents I don't reacall, so I'll (dired) C-v
it, and say to myself, yeah, I don't want to delete it, but I probably
won't look at it for quite a while, certainly no time soon.

Unfortuantely, that currently-uninteresting file is now sitting at the VERY TOP
of *Buffer List*.

So, how to make a new "(Buffer Menu) mode" command that says "move the
currently pointed-at buffer DOWN that list?

Maybe default to (very near?) the bottom of the list.

Maybe if prefix arg:
    %20   means jump it to 20% down the list (from where it is now?)
    20    means jump it to 20  buffer-names further down the list.

    And maybe if *negative*, that far up, or up from the bottom?

Any ideas?

David