Re: ps-print question

From: David Penton
Subject: Re: ps-print question
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 09:25:21 -0500

Pete:

I'm not sure I understand your last post. Let's start again.

In answer to one of your questions, I cannot send the ps file directly to the
printer because I do not have a postscript printer. You must know that one
cannot send postscript directly to a non-postscript printer and get the
expected results. My only option is to use ghostscript, either with pdf or the
printer as output device.

I am using ghostscript 9.0.

I have two postscript files. One I created by hand (it is the simple example I
posted earlier). The second one was created by ps-print.

I converted both of these to pdf using exactly the same process. That is, I
used the ps2pdfwr script (which call gs), but I altered ps2pdfwr to take out
the -dSAFER option.

The postscript of the simple example converts to pdf which DOES contain the
backquote. When I print out this pdf, the backquote prints correctly, as I wish.

The postscript generated by ps-print does NOT show up as a backquote, either on
the screen or when printed.

Of course the two pdfs are different. But the reason for the difference
obviously lies in the postscript files used to create the pdfs.

I will send you the files off the list.

Best,

- Dave -