Re: How to improve the readability of (any) LISP or any highlevel functi

From: Elizabeth D Rather
Subject: Re: How to improve the readability of (any) LISP or any highlevel functional language to the level of FORTH ?
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 19:20:59 -1000

On 1/2/11 9:14 AM, w_a_x_man wrote:
On Jan 2, 6:59 am, Doug Hoffman<glide...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Forth remains only as primitive as you want it to be.

That is equally true of assembly language.

Forth is a low-level language used primarily for programming embedded
applications such as controlling the flushing of a toilet.

"Forth, the toilet-flusher!"

I actually know of no toilet-control applications of Forth. But I do know some applications controlling satellite tracking antennas, large-scale electric power-distribution systems, satellite instrumentation, scientific instruments, and quite a few other pretty non-trivial applications.

Cheers,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth D. Rather   (US & Canada)   800-55-FORTH
FORTH Inc.                         +1 310.999.6784
5959 West Century Blvd. Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90045
http://www.forth.com

applications since 1973."