Printing permissions problem under Win7

From: Scott Meyers
Subject: Printing permissions problem under Win7
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 22:51:55 -0800

I've been running Emacs 21.3.1 under WinXP, and I can print to a network printer without difficulty using print-buffer. I have the following in my .emacs file:

(setq printer-name "//Patroklos/HP LaserJet 6L")

I've just installed Emacs 23.2.1 (a newer version than above) under Win7, and with the same line in my .emacs file, attempts to use print-buffer fail, and the following appears in my messages buffer:

Spooling with options (page headers are not supported)...
direct-print-region-helper: Opening output file: permission denied, //Patroklos/HP LaserJet 6L

Printing from other applications to this printer on the Win7 machine works fine. Running Emacs as Administrator does not help.

Any idea what I need to do to enable printing from this version of Emacs on this OS?

Thanks,

Scott