RE: Where to send patches to

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Where to send patches to
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 07:54:06 -0800

> The Emacs Info manual has a great chapter about how to send in patches
> for GNU Emacs. However I am missing the information where I should
> send a patch to. To a certain EMail Adress?

1. bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org or emacs-devel@gnu.org.

2. Which chapter is that?

C-h r i  p a t c h  TAB  , s e n d i n g  RET

That takes you to node ("chapter") `Sending Patches'.  The first bullet there
says to send a patch for an existing bug to `bug-gnu-emacs'.  It should probably
say that you can send any patch for a bug fix or enhancement (new or existing)
to `bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org'.  You can also send a patch to `emacs-devel@gnu.org',
the Emacs development mailing list.

3. Consider sending a bug report, to get the information clarified:

M-x  r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g  RET