Re: Emacs-snapshot insists that tab is 0x0009

From: Martin Drautzburg
Subject: Re: Emacs-snapshot insists that tab is 0x0009
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:39:21 +0100

Martin Drautzburg wrote:

What is this about a newsgroups: For hours I keep searching for an
answer myself to no avail and a few minutes after I post a question I
find the answer. So:

Martin,

quoted-insert is not the way to go if you want to bypass emacs' smart
indentation mode and insert a real tab. Use tab-to-tab-stop (M-i)
instead.

You *can* get quoted-insert to work like M-i if you (setq
overwrite-mode 'overwrite-mode-textual), at least in emacs-snapshot
24.0.50.1.

Sorry for the noise.