Re: Adding a sublist to a list on startup

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: Adding a sublist to a list on startup
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:43:42 -0500

>> > M-x debug-on-entry RET my-LaTeX-hook RET

Turns out debug-on-entry is smarter than I am. I'm going to have to read
up on that one. Looks really useful, but I don't understand it at all.

In the meantime, I discovered the source of my problems. I hadn't
realized how deep the lists were nested in the undocumented variable
LaTeX-environment-list. Wrapping my new lists in another pair of parens
makes everything work just fine.

There is still some mysterious magic going on, but I couldn't actually
find the original definition of the variable. I have sent a note to the
AucTex people to let them know about the issue.

Thanks for your help,

Tyler