Re: Using tramp with sunrise-commander

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: Using tramp with sunrise-commander
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 13:50:25 -0500

José A. Romero L. <escherdragon@gmail.com> writes:

> Could you please give
> the latest version (4R340) a try and let me know if it works now?

There may be the happy implication here I'm not just a Klutz ;-). I
downloaded version $Rev: 340 $, which I suppose is 4R340, but because it
will take a little time to test, which I can't spare at the moment, I'll
have to get back to you shortly on the results.

Meanwhile, another problem. In sunrise-commander.el file it suggests
that to syncronize panes I should type M-o. For me this does not work
(it may at one point have worked, but not sure). When I attempt it, in
the minibuffer I get:

  Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 106>

And displayed in another buffer is:

  Omitting...
  Omitted 58 lines.
  set: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 106> [6 times]
  set: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 106>2010-11-06

Haines

Parenthetically:

> Cheers,
> --
> José A. Romero L.
> escherdragon at gmail
> "We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
> (Quarry worker's creed)

When browsing on-line to plan a little vacation three years hence on
Mt. Desert Island (Maine) with my wife, a quarry was mentioned. When I
visited it in ca. 1950, there was a family living at the bottom in a
shack who were so poor their children had to share shoes. The head of
the household quarried blocks of pink granite by hand (a very
interesting procedure that I read about in historical accounts as far
back as Ancient Egypt) for curbing. I don't know that he envisioned
cathedrals as he worked! Wrong social class for that.