Re: too many buffers

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: too many buffers
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 23:46:34 +0100

Jack Hokus <jack.hokus@gmail.com> writes:
> I am beginner in Emacs. I  have this problem. Emacs open up many
> unnecessary buffers. I use Emacs to work with LaTeX. My goal is to
> have open three buffer, first with .tex file, second with outpot from
> program LaTeX and third with completed pdf file. How to do? I was
> looking for a solution and found this options (put
> 'dired-find-alternate-file 'disabled nil) But i  want to disable open
> scratch  buffer and set message buffer too to be opened only when the
> program crashes. How to do?
>
> Sorry but English is not my native language. Have a nice day

Buffers are internal emacs data structure.  You cannot prevent them
because that would prevent emacs to work.

For example, if you disabled the *Message* buffer, then the messages
couldn't go anywhere. You couldn't have them when emacs crash, the most
probable is that it would crash right away.

You can kill unwanted buffers, but in the case of *Message*, it will be
recreated automatically as soon as a message needs to be written.

You have to learn to ignore the buffers you're not concerned with, and
deal with it.